I had a pretty interesting week--I saw Aida with my friend Betsy on Wednesday. Remember how I knew 3-4 people in the cast of that show. I knew about my two young ambassador friends, Bailee and Josie, who played Aida; but I didn't know about my friend Alan Babcock (also known as the best Beyonce wannabe back-up dancer ever) who was "Man 3" or Mack Seiler who was also in the cast. All I can say is: Wow.I just want to give a shout out to my friend Alan BECAUSE I never knew he was even in plays. Why has that not come up in conversation? Not only that, but his biography said that he'd been in about six other plays including "Fiddler on the Roof" and "West Side Story." Good show. Good show.
Then, I also went to "Savior of the World" for a ward activity (Lauren came too) on Thursday. I just want to say that "Savior of the World" was probably one of the best depictions of Jesus' birth and Resurrection that I've ever seen. I feel like the show really captured the essence of what happened. The spirit was amazing and I loved it. If you are in Salt Lake, go and see it--you will not regret it!
We also had our BYUSA retreat this last Friday and Saturday. For dinner on Friday we had make-your-own Costa Vida--for reals. When I first arrived from NZ, our bishopric used to treat us to Costa Vida salads after temple trips. We just loved it and so the suggestion was made for the retreat and then it was done. They did an amazing deal for us. We also enjoyed each others company, experienced trainings, and got feedback on what we can do better. We started a little dance party (good times)--we had some great moves and an even better show. We chatted with each other and some people watched "Kung Fu Panda." That's right it was a great little retreat.
Last night was pretty fun as well. First up, it started out with Ryan at BK's. Then we went to Liz Bell's Variety Show and long story short--we started a dance party outside the Carillon Bell Tower while making smores on the lights! It takes about 15 minutes to make them but you get to skip smelling like smoke and getting it all in your eyes. Following that we went to the movies...there were about 10 of us and we loved it. I also found out that my little brother Caleb was born the same day as Mr. Ryan Stewart--July 7th, 1986. I thought that was hilarious. In fact, if my brother was a member of the church he might have turned out like Ryan. Maybe. Here's a little picture of Caleb.
1 comment:
mr. busy. love the update. and the same birthday?! i bet ryan and caleb would be friends....just saying.
Post a Comment