Saturday, March 28, 2009

What's important.

I'm pretty sure that if you're reading this blog, you're one of my friends, and that means I think you are great! Some of you will know that I try to be very optimistic, and it really helps me to survive the storms of life.

Recently, my friend Bethany was talking about a little youtube video she watched. I was really fascinated. I asked her to explain it and then send me the link to the site. I realized that the successful people I know, not necessarily financially, put these principles into practice. They really help people to be the best. People are the essence of life and when we lose that, we pretty much lose everything.

When you get 16 minutes (and when you aren't on BYU campus), watch this youtube video and let me know what you think. Try it out if you want. It's really easy.

4 comments:

linda.jo.from.lindon said...

I loved that video clip. Here are some thoughts I wanted to share...

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
Leo F. Buscaglia quotes (American guru, tireless advocate of the power of love, 1924-1998)

“Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”
Mother Teresa of Calcutta

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
Dr. Seuss

“Smile, it is the key that fits the lock of everybody's heart.”
Anthony J. D'Angelo

“A smile is the lighting system of the face, the cooling system of the head and the heating system of the heart.”

Nat said...

Love this video. I posted it on FB a few weeks ago.

Mindy said...

Remember Micah Paul Keith? He put this video up on his blog not too long ago and I loved all 16 minutes of it! Fantastic! It makes me want to be a parking attendant ... Maybe I missed the point. ;) LOVE YOU!

Bethany said...

i am famous! love this. love applebees.

Blog Disclaimer:

This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.

Blogger news

Blogroll