Like coming home...
That's right, I'm back in Provo. I moved some stuff into my new room at Spyglas (that is really how you spell it) today, and also attended the "Foundations of Leadership" peer mentor training. However, this was not before standing across from campus and yelling, "BYUUUUUUU!! BYUUUUU!!" The last four months are the longest period of time I've been away from Provo since starting college. I didn't realize how much I missed it--honestly.Anyway, "Foundations of Leadership" or FOL is a little program for incoming freshman. From Monday to Wednesday, I'm assigned a "co" (Karen Moyes) and a little group of students to "mentor" and, basically, play with. Eventhough this is not a competition, our group is probably going to win the award that doesn't really exist. Unfortunately, that's just how I am wired. Sorry folks.At the FOL training, I caught up with a whole slew of good friends that I haven't seen in 20 years (4 months=20 years in college time). I was really excited to see them all. You don't even know. Funny thing, a few of them said, "Oh, I've been reading your blog." That's pretty flattering (don't worry, my head is not getting bigger, it's already too big) and sort of cool, at the same time. And, I've actually been reading their blogs too. So, there you go.Finally, I was really excited to catch up with my friend, Elise (the current BYUSA President).
In fact, before I left she told me her studly younger brother, McKay, was playing "Troy Bolton" in the South Jordan Community Theatre version of "High School Musical." I'm not ashamed to admit that I actually do like HSM (that's what we call it in the inner circles, jk). Anyway, she had a spare ticket so we went to go see that. It.was.Hilarious! The cutest thing was when the little three year olds came out and danced to an HSM medley AND when one of them even asked for "Troy's" autograph (at the end). Ha ha. McKay actually did a great job. Props.
Blog Disclaimer:
This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.
1 comment:
HSM play?!?!? sounds fantastic. i'm secretly very jealous.
Post a Comment