She'll be coming 'round the mountain!
Yes, my mother did come to America with my sister, Ariana. They had so much fun and wanted you all to know how much they love and appreciate you. We hit up so many different places over the last week: Salt Lake City sights, Carls Jr (we don't have that in NZ), BYU, Chef's Table, Sears, Wal-Mart, Para-gliders, Friday Night Live, Grantsville visit to a relative, and the Bonneville Salt Flats. I think things like that were much more fun with my family--probably because we just talked about family and stuff wherever we went.
I wanted to highlight two of my mum and sisters favorite things this last week: THE PARTY (better believe it) and Cafe Rio (really?). Ha ha ha. They were amazed at how hard-out you all partied on Thursday. My mum commented, "You would never see anything like that in New Zealand--your friends had no shame!" Is that true friends? What mum said is true though, in comparison, a two-hour dance party would not have been successful in New Zealand. Traditionally, there is a one hour warm-up and then a one-hour warm down. If you don't believe, you might have to come/go visit. You'll love it. Oh, and if you are offended you weren't invited to the party. Don't be. I invited you all. Also, a huge shout out to Bethany and her crew for all that they did to make the evening special.
As far as Cafe Rio goes, there is really nothing like it back home. We don't really know how to do Mexican-American Food (I hyphenated that for you Manda)--but my mum is certainly going to try and replicate it back in New Zealand. We had to go there twice because she wanted the salad so bad.Can I just say that I love my mum and sister? I was really grateful to see them; the last time was April 2007, so I we had a lot of catching up to do. I really miss/missed them.
Blog Disclaimer:
This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.
3 comments:
Thanks Kiwi!! I am really sad that I missed your shin-dig and in meeting your sis (since I have meet your mum before)Was there a duet? If so, I am even more bummed about that. Glad you had a great time with your fam. Love ya. MIss your bum...Wait you dont have one;)
I love it when I make your blog (and in photo!). But not as much as I love Y-O-U. Okay, that's a little cheesy. But still true, I guess ... so I won't delete it. P.s. I was about to curse you for not updating. Then voila! You did. Yay Y-O-U. Hahaha. Okay, I'm done. Maybe I ate one chocolate brown with cream cheese frosting too many today ... I think there were five total. Okay. Goodbye.
and what a party it was! glad you had so much fun with the fam!
Post a Comment