Yes, they're still going. I even managed to survive the day from heck last Wednesday. I have two assignments due and four tests to complete before next Tuesday. However, I'm still going to write this quick little post and pretend like someone is wasting their time reading this.
Today I went to school, after studying for most of the day, and did some stuff around the office etc. Then I realized that I needed to go to the Packing and Shipping at the bookstore to send a tape to a mission buddy. I went down there and an older gentleman was ahead of me talking up a storm with another guy. After sending the tape (of my mission president's training) to Nevada, I overheard the cashier asking the old man how he'd be carrying all the boxes she prepared for him. Anyway, long story short, I helped him carry the boxes to the car. What was cool about this little detour from the schedule was how our little discussion on the way to the car. I found out that he was a former professor at BYU and grew up in Pleasant Grove. Nothing really life changing, but nice. Just nice.
I wanted to blog about this because we have opportunities to meet people everyday. We have chances to make friends, even with the most unassuming people, throughout our whole lives. Think about doing that once or twice this Christmas season. Love ya.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Disclaimer:
This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.
2 comments:
Love you, Adam.
*muah*
done and done.
Post a Comment