Wednesday, March 25, 2009

BYUSA news

I'm not sure if any of you know, but this year Chance and I piloted the Human Resources area in BYUSA. This area is key to helping BYUSA recruit and retain volunteers--a task previously relegated to the Public Relations area--and works to achieve the BYUSA mission of "creating a sense of belonging." Brooke Stevens, BYUSA Presidential Candidate, served as the very first BYUSA Assistant to the President over Human Resources (she did an amazing job).

Anyway, we had thought, at one point, that this area was going to be discontinued. HOWEVER, today we found out that the new BYUSA presidency (Elise and Landon) had their HR continuation proposal approved by the Dean of Students! I can't even explain how excited I was. Let's just say I ran around the office singing "Hallelujah!"

Like I said, this probably only means something to BYUSA 'insiders' but I really think that this will help students get involved in the future. Many people will benefit because of the good work that will come out of the Human Resources area.

3 comments:

linda.jo.from.lindon said...

~ Volunteers are not paid -- not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless. ~
The estimated dollar value of volunteer time is $19.51 per hour for 2007. The estimate helps acknowledge the millions of individuals who dedicate their time, talents, and energy to making a difference. I am excited that those who have been willing to volunteer at BYU will not be "lost between the cracks." The volunteering database that you and Chance set up will help all BYU students for years to come...That is exciting!

Bethany said...

great news ad!

Linze Kate said...

That's great, Adam! Y'all have really changed things around up there and improved the office So much - you should be proud of a job VERY well done!!! :)
*muah*

Blog Disclaimer:

This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.

Blogger news

Blogroll