So, since I arrived, I've been helping to research a bill called: The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act of 1986 for the Rules Committee--we have a little bit to do with the national elections. Anyway, yesterday we had our first hearing (since I've been interning) and it was interesting. I helped put together the briefing books for the staff and then just got to sit and listen.
However, I wanted to let you know that I'm actually in Washington, D.C. by showing you a clip of me in the background of a C-SPAN broadcast that is now online. As a part of the hearing, "Problems for Military and Overseas Voters: Why Many Soldiers and their Families Can't Vote," Sen. Pat Roberts made a statement. After some joking with the chairman of the Rules Committee, Sen. Roberts began and there I was, in the background! Now I can actually say, I have arrived (in both senses of the word). Ha ha.
If you were interested to actually see it, click here and then click on "View Archive Webcast" and I'm at 90:34mins (but who's paying any attention to numbers. Ha ha).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Disclaimer:
This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.
5 comments:
90:34? Really? I am going to have to wait for that one to upload. :) Sorry I didn't text you back last night. Expect the response to come today. :)
I SEE YOU! (Evidently, I didn't have to wait for an upload!) Handsome and stylish as ever, mate!
ADAM!!!! I totally saw you on C-SPAN!!! I love it!!! You look so cute and all grown up!! I hope you are having so much fun!! Miss you! :)
thank you for having a fresh haircut. thank you for wearing that tie. and thank you for looking into the camera....at least once. :)
so fun!! ps I don't know if you got my message, but I definitely loved New Zealand and we all like freaked out when we realized it was you on the recording at the Hamilton Visitor's Center. haha so fun! It sounds like you're loving DC, can't want to get out there when I get back.
Post a Comment