The Senate Rules Committee Intern
So, today was my first day at work and it was great! I found some work colleagues that helped me get to the Senate buildings via the train and bus--so it worked out fine. I got sworn in and I got a Senate Badge today as well (as you can see). A few of the things that I'll be doing in the Senate Rules Committee:- Prepping for hearings (making sure we have all the facts)
- General Office duties (mail, media clips, errands etc)
- and Capitol Building TOURS!! I'll be doing those weekly on Monday's starting the last week in May.
Fun?! If any of you want to come out and visit the office, I'm pretty sure I can hook you up with an amazing tour of the Capitol building (as soon as I get trained). Also, Senator Bennett's wife takes the interns on a special tour of the White House sometime this month. I'm really excited about that.
Blog Disclaimer:
This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.
5 comments:
Adam, I can't tell you how jealous I am. Thats so cool!
no pies?!?!?!
You may or may not look like a terrorist in that photo ... But I don't feel endangered by you at all.
OK, just one more reason to try and make it out to DC SOON!
You are so legit it's off the chain! Haha...
I am jealous you are living in my old stomping grounds... I love it there with all my heart. You should go down to VA (Charlottesville, esp)- make time cause right now it is BEAUTIFUL!
Oh, and I have never been IN the White House... again. I am jealous. In a good, loving way... :)
You are awesome. Miss you. The end. \
*muah*
Post a Comment