Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Days of Birth.


So, this little guy was born a few years ago yesterday (notice how I didn't really tell you the year--you'll be able to figure it out though). And, while I thought that it was just going to be a 'quiet' affair, it turned out to be full of surprises! To everyone that was at the party, I seriously was surprised. I had thought on Sunday when someone said, "Oh, I'll be at the party..." That there might be something happening, however, there was a party for a mutual friend that evening. Needless to say, I just brushed it off thinking that this kid got confused or something (he can't have been smoking anything, we're in Provo).

Anyway, after a small dinner, I was tricked into going back to Chance's house and to my surprise it was full of random people wishing me a "Happy Birthday" and being merry. Thanks so much! I really appreciate all the hard work that went into it. Also, someone asked if I thanked my Mum. I haven't yet. However, thanks Mum! Thanks for hanging in there for 9 months and supporting all 11lbs of me (yes, that's how much I weighed when I was born).

Finally, here's some quick comments to people that keep asking: No, I haven't graduated yet. I've only been at Uni for almost 4 years. Consequently, that means that I'm not attending graduate school. No, you don't have to be a senior in order to be the BYUSA President. That's right, I did start my freshman year as a RM. I worked before and after my mission (10 points to the people that can name where I worked). No, I have never been engaged or married. Yes, I am working on 'it.' Ha ha. No, I've never broken a bone. Yes, I can still sing even though I hit puberty and my voice dropped (some scoundrel told me that I wouldn't be able to sing after that happened). I haven't been home to NZ for over two years. I sure do miss my family, but, my Mum was here this time last year (we had a sweet party!!). I miss New Zealand food too. Yes, that's how many friends I have on Facebook. No, my name is Adam, not Chance. Yes, it's Chance not Chase. Um, I'm majoring in Business Management and then after that I'm going to Law School. No, I haven't taken the LSAT yet. Yes, we do speak English in New Zealand. I'm not sure when I'll be home next, maybe Christmas? Fingers crossed.

*Yes, I do love you for reading this. I love you more if you giggled or have been by me when someone asked one of these beauties. I also still love you if you were the asker.

8 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Happy birthday! I always forget about facebook invites, but had intended on coming. I'm so impressed with your English skills, ....haha just kidding.

Bethany said...

#1. tricked ya. #2. it was a sweet a party last year, wasn't it?? #3. where were people asking you all these questions? i'm glad you finally got all of that taken care of. #4. happy birthday. #5. jai ho. (why didn't you blog pictures from last night?!?!)

Jenny said...

Edam, you're a champion!

Tawni said...

I love you Adam! Marry me?!

Amber Lenora said...

haha I love it. Hope your day was grand.

Brianna said...

hahahahahaha thank you for the answers to all of those questions. I'm really glad you told me that you speak english in New Zealand cause I've been wondering ;). haha Happy Birthday! again....

Chance said...

Thanks for the post, Chase!

she's beauty and she's grace said...

You were seriously the cutest little boy! Happy Birthday!

Love,
Your vice bff

Blog Disclaimer:

This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.

Blogger news

Blogroll