Monday, December 21, 2009

Family Wards

You know what? I forgot how much fun family wards are. For the last three years, I've been attending Singles Wards and being home is really awesome. Last night I went to FHE where they had children etc. visiting too. Anyway, the children dressed up as characters in the nativity (yes, one of them was the donkey) to act it out. So funny. And, seeing kids all walking around the chapel is really cool too.

However, I feel really old because all the kids that were in Primary are about as tall as I am now. They're grown up! That's what happens, I guess. Ha ha. It's good though.

Also, I've been enjoying the company and cooking skills of a few of the members here. Makes me feel a bit like a missionary again--getting meal appointments with members. Except, these people are all my friends; who feel a lot like extended family (and for those of you that know NZ, they probably are).

2 comments:

Miss Madeline Reber said...

Yay for being home! I love attending Family Wards! They are so refreshing with differing perspectives. Don't get me wrong, there are multiple perspectives in singles wards, however, I love having varied ages and experiences shared in family wards. I'm glad you were able to go home for the Holidays! :D

Y E S H said...

that's cool... it's great reading ur experiences :)

Blog Disclaimer:

This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.

Blogger news

Blogroll