When are you leaving? Oh, just this Sunday, December 13th. I'm getting on a flight bound for LAX (thank you Miley Cyrus), and then I'm going to Rarotonga, in the Cook Islands. Rarotonga is a beautiful place, quite separate to the Kingdom of Tonga. Here's a neat map...
And here's what it looks like close-up...
After a brief stay in Rarotonga, I'll be heading to Auckland. While I'm there, I've got to figure out my visa status. So, I'll be pleading with Immigrations officials to let me back into the country (my visa expires while I'm out of the country). Fingers-crossed everyone (unless you don't like me, then you're probably laughing or something).
Then, after a successful visit to the U.S. Consulate, I will be heading back to my hometown of Upper Hutt! Needless to say, I'm very excited. I'll have most my finals done by then (with one exception), and then I'll be living the dream. Living the dream.


7 comments:
Home James!! That's awesome. When was the last time you visited home? WEll I'm crossing my fingers..because I can't wait to see you in T-minus 2 months. It still sounds sooo far away but it's been 6 months since I've even seen your face. Happy Holidays Ruri!
I hopped off the plane at LAX
with a dream and my cardigan....
so excited it's finally worked out for you to go home. you better bring me back something good, or i'll be ticked. only joking....
er? why thanks to Miley Cyrus? what's she done?
I love that you gave Miley a shout-out in your blog... She would be excited. :)
Also, your Visa expires? Shouldn't it last through you going to school here? I don't get how all that works - apparently.
Have a safe trip and fun time at home! :)
*muah*
Funny...in Washington State we used "home James" much the same way as NZ. So, being curious I found this online..."‘home, James…and don’t spare the horses”A favorite expression of Queen Victoria. In the latter half of the 19th century, Queen Victoria had a carriage driver named James Darling. Traditionally, the Victorian ‘upper class’ called their staff only by their surname. In as much, Queen Victoria calling Mr. Darling – ‘Darling’ - seemed slightly inappropriate. So ‘James’ it was to be…Just imagine her Majesty departing the Royal train at Paddington Station, anxious to get back to Buckingham Palace commanding…’home, james! And don’t spare the horses!’… And that’s how an expression galloped into history." May you enjoy the ride and hopefully all goes smoothly to be able to return to your Provo home afterwards.
I might be one of those laughing ... Strike that. Replacing with cackling ... Like a muwahahahahaha! Stay in New Zealand you ... New Zealander!!! ;)
AHHH Adam I'm so excited for you to go home!! That is so great! and good luck with your visa :) I'm sure you'll be fine! and pretty much obsessed with the Miley shout out! haha love that song!
Post a Comment