Friday, February 25, 2011

Teaching Seminary

So, for the past few days, I've been teaching early morning seminary classes to some youth in a local ward. I volunteered a little while ago and the regular teacher needed some time-off this week (family was visiting etc.), so here I am.

Needless to say, it was an experience. I feel kinda bad mentioning any specific experiences..."learning experiences" on the blog. However, I will say that I really had a great time. The youth were great and they taught me a lot!

By the way, I really enjoy the Doctrine and Covenants.

1 comment:

linda.jo.from.lindon said...

My oldest son Sterling also had the privilege of teaching early morning seminary for several years in Oklahoma. He loved it. Excited that you get that opportunity Adam. Here is a little from the introduction that sums it up why I love the Doctrine and Covenants also.
"In the revelations, the doctrines of the gospel are set forth with explanations about such fundamental matters as the nature of the Godhead, the origin of man, the reality of Satan, the purpose of mortality, the necessity for obedience, the need for repentance, the workings of the Holy Spirit, the ordinances and performances that pertain to salvation, the destiny of the earth, the future conditions of man after the Resurrection and the Judgment, the eternity of the marriage relationship, and the eternal nature of the family... Finally, the testimony that is given of Jesus Christ—his divinity, his majesty, his perfection, his love, and his redeeming power—makes this book of great value to the human family and of more worth than the riches of the whole earth."

Blog Disclaimer:

This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.

Blogger news

Blogroll