Saturday, November 26, 2011

Stopped by the police.


Usually, I have the worst luck with traffic stops. Tonight, that was different.

After having a little Mexican food with some friends, I had to take the two missionaries back to their bicycles. When we picked the bikes up, the missionaries asked if I could drive them to another person's house, so that they could put their bikes in the back of an SUV, and then drive them back to their flat. I had to follow alongside them in the car and then I waited while they squeezed the bikes into the SUV.

When they got back into the car, we started driving towards their apartment and I noticed a police car heading toward me on the opposite side of the road. The policeman drove past me slowly, did a quick U-turn, and turned on his lights. The officer walked up to my car slowly, searching the back of the car with his flashlight. I wound down my window.
Policeman: "Good evening, I'm from the Austin City Police Department."
Me: "Hi."
Policeman: [Looking in the back] "Ahhh...are you missionaries?"
Me: "Ha. Yeah, they are." [Pointing to the back seat]
Policeman: "Well, we had reports of a dark car chasing two men in white shirts."
Me: "Yeah, I was following them so we could put their bikes in the back of the SUV and am about to drop them home."
Policeman: "Oh, ok. Well, have a good night." [Walks away]
Pretty uneventful. But, I thought it was funny. Oh, and the missionaries also felt like they were being looked after. Good on you, good Samaritan! Good on you.

But chasing? Ha! Oh wow.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

If you would stop creepin' on the missionaries ... Just sayin'.

ahlin said...

hahahaha this is so great.

Blog Disclaimer:

This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.

Blogger news

Blogroll