Sunday, September 14, 2008

General Authorities at the game...

Yes, the people above are most of the general officers that I met while in the President's Loge (yes..loge, not lounge) this last Saturday in the game versus UCLA. President Samuelson invited the BYUSA presidency up and we loved it! Who would've thought that we were going to be able to sit in the box during one of seasons most exciting games. In fact, I actually got a little tired of getting up and down to sing the fight song. Ha ha ha. In all seriousness, between this game and the last game, it was like NIGHT and DAY?! I kept on having to poke myself to see if the whole experience was real. I would like to extend a huge thanks to President Samuelson for allowing us to attend--amazing (NOTE: The General Authorities jump up and down for the fight song, clap, cheer, and I even heard one say "Crimeny Pete"--whatever that means).

This week has been a ball of fun. Saturday morning I went to the MSS Freshman retreat and laughed so hard. A few upperclassmen were asked to cook breaky and also facilitate a game/huge object lesson. The lesson involved blindfolded freshman trying to find the "iron rod" and upperclassmen taunting them along the way. We led people to the wrong path/rod/tree--it was great! I learned so many lessons that I will be able to apply in life and I'm also grateful for the knowledge that I have about the gospel. I loved it. That night I also caught up with a bunch of freshman at a BYUSA Freshman Facebook dance that we sponsored. Without any formal advertising, they had over 1000 kids there. Who does that?

Also, Friday night was a blast. Dinner with Bethany at Guru's and then we went to this raging party at a random Provo house. Remember how that house was big enough to have a soccer field, pool (with pool house), beach volleyball court, tennis court, beach ping-pong table, and another yard for dancing. The hosts had food all over the place and even a soft-serve ice cream machine--really? Following that was "Rock the Block" (speakers galore) and then bedtime.

BYUSA has been treating me pretty well. I'm learning heaps about life and regularly receive requests from students or random people from all across Provo. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve others; I know that when you think about others more, life just feels better. Jeanessa, the intern, also came out to have lunch with us (and come to the game). Good times. All-in-all, a great week with a lot to love. I'm excited to see my mum pretty soon here and we go to D.C. in two weeks. Oh my word.

5 comments:

GramGrampsGazette said...

What a great treat! How fun to share such a good game with such wonderful company! And thanks for starting your blog---it's heaps of fun to hear what you are up to! Lance & Naomi S. (you won't recognize our gramgrampsgazette the first time!)

Mindy said...

Mum is coming? Yay, I am happy for you! And, what are you doing in DC? I think I must hate you for going. :) I want to go there! Actually, supreme jealousy entered the picture with all the GA's you got to meet. One day, I hope to be half as cool as you. :) :) Miss yer face! :)

dahoromonas said...

Adam, how do I get a hold of you, ph# or email?? Riki Horomona

Bethany said...

next time we are at grandmas, let's ask her what crimeny pete means. i bet she knows. hey look, there's lorraine...

Amber Lenora said...

I just love you. :)

Blog Disclaimer:

This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.

Blogger news

Blogroll