Tuesday, June 16, 2009

From the Bronx to the Temple (and back again)

So, on Friday afternoon I thought to myself, "I may or may not be a loser, I have no plans this weekend." But that, my friends, is where that thought ended. Following my 2 second pity party, I asked around and found some friends going to a "Jazz Church." This church turned out to be Presbyterian, and it was also situated in the middle of the D.C. area Bronx (yes, it was off the green line and I was scared for my life). We ate southern style chicken (not fried, unfortunately) and soaked up the goodness that was "Jazz Church."

Following my experience in the Bronx, we caught the "Stanley Cup" which, apparently, is the Super Bowl of Hockey (thank you, Drew), AND, my personal favorite, KARAOKE!!!! Sang two songs, had some drunk ladies propose...the rest is history.


Saturday I went to the temple with my roomie for a girl who went through for the first time. Congrats Laura! Beautiful place (as you can see) and beautiful spirit. There were so many people from our ward there someone asked, "Is this a ward temple trip?"

Then, for the news you've all been waiting for, off to Mechanicsville, Maryland for some DEMOLITIAN DERBY! You bet we had a great time out there. Unfortunately, we did see a girl that was pregnant and smoking, one of the girls said, "Someone needs to stop her!" Needless to say, we took a picture (but didn't include it--Privacy Act--sorry! ha ha).
Here's when it was just getting started! Good times. I think I was cheering for the red one.


And here's the derby crew (L to R: Me, Tabby (Preston Rigdon's Mate), Diana and Wayne

2 comments:

Bethany said...

i haven't been to a demolition derby in YEARS!!! so fun. look at you going from pity party to weekend extravaganza!!

can't wait for you to come home early. wink wink.

Mindy said...

I miss you. More than you know. Lots of love, friend.

Blog Disclaimer:

This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.

Blogger news

Blogroll