Thursday, June 25, 2009

Nick Jonas: In the Dirksen Senate Building

Ok, so the previous post title, "Don't Judge Me..." still stands. Yes, the signature in that post belongs to the one and only, Nick Jonas (of the Jonas Brothers). He caused quite a buzz in the hearing room yesterday. I felt a little sorry for Mary Tyler Moore (an actress known for her roles in 60s, 70s, and 80s sitcoms) and Sugar Ray (a retired professional boxer) who were inadvertently caught in Jonas Fan Club cross-fire.

Everyone, except me, stormed the front of the room. However, I did just want to snap a little cellphone pic to prove I was there. Turns out, he was going to be walking right past me. When he did, I stuck out the pad and said, "Can you sign this please?" He didn't say anything, grabbed his own little pen, and that's that. Just so you know, that's about the same time the police escort lady who was with him mocked me. I thought, "Really? Is that necessary?" Ha ha.


I have included his testimony--because it explains the reason why he came to Capitol Hill. Also, right about 3mins & 50secs, you hear a thump in the background--unfortunately, some poor girl fainted because of her diabetes. Quite the hearing.




And, I had the song "Burning Up!" stuck in my head all day yesterday. Pretty funny actually.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

burnin up for you, baby......yeeeeaaahhhh!!!

love it.

Bethany said...

and it makes me think of that girl that fainted at efy that we talked about a while back. oh. my. goodness. baywatch.

Mindy said...

I.hate.my.life!!!!!!!! :) I added a few exclamation points ... If you didn't notice. :)

linda.jo.from.lindon said...

At the risk of "appearing old..." I think I would have enjoyed meeting Mary Tyler Moore. I grew up loving her shows.

Linze Kate said...

Haha! I get to meet em' next week when I'm doing Stadium of Fire and am TOTALLY stoked - so it's chill... Plus, I kinda love em' - haha!

Love ya! Love your deep fried oreos - haha! I thought that was for SURE only a southern thing. I sit corrected... cause I'm not standing. Yea.
*muah*

Blog Disclaimer:

This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.

Blogger news

Blogroll