I really feel like BYU Rugby helps me to synergize my American life with my New Zealand roots. I would never profess to know a whole lot about the sport--however, it just makes me feel more comfortable. I hardly even watched rugby very often in New Zealand. But, watching it here in the South Field feels familiar.
Today, I met up with friends and we waited in line to get into the stadium. I decided to get a Mince and Cheese pie after we got in--so, my friends got one too. We ate the pie as we watched BYU score. See...it was just comfortable.
Now, I'm not complaining about anything. I love being at BYU. However, sometimes it's good to feel a little bit of home, you know what I mean? Oh, and WE BEAT THE UTES!!! Go cougars!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Disclaimer:
This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.
1 comment:
Eating pies together at a game sounds like a Kiwi tradition. Maya Angelou once said, "You can never go home again, but the truth is you can never leave home, so it's all right." Your reminiscing reminded me of one other quote, "Although we love the idea of choice - our culture almost worships it - we seek refuge in the familiar and the comfortable." ~Hugh Mackay, a Scottish gentleman born in 1640.
Post a Comment