Arnold, Squirrels and some Generals
So, today while I was learning/practicing how to be a megastar tour guide, I was walking towards Nancy Pelosi's Office in the Capitol and yup, you guessed it, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger was there. I didn't shake his hand, but I was about two feet away from him. How awesome is that? I have to say that I really liked his tie. It had cool colors.While I'm talking about people I've been around since I've been here--how about when I was getting onto an elevator with some guys in uniforms. Then, they were all talking official (I didn't say anything), and I saw the older guy get into one of those official looking Yukon's outside, as I was on my way home. I asked one of the uniformed guys who that was, and he said, "That's General Casey, the Chief of Staff for the Army." Woah? And, on Saturday I went to the GI Film Festival with my new friend Kate, where we met former Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff, Retired General Richard Myers. He is a four star General guys--pretty awesome!
Anyway, randomly I was thinking about how much I love squirrels. We don't have squirrels in New Zealand. Everytime I see them, I want to stop and seriously watch them for as long as they stick around. They remind me of cartoons and childhood. I'm sorry this post was so random. That's what happens in D.C. Wait till I share about homeless people.
Blog Disclaimer:
This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.
3 comments:
I suppose we ought to be impressed with all the famous folks you have been meeting...but your squirrel friends melted my heart. Saw this comical quote that seemed appropriate, “Given the choice of politician or squirrel, I’ll take the squirrel any day.” - Mark Twain
Waiting anxiously on those homeless people thoughts ... :)
1. So sad I missed your call yesterday.
2. I can tell Beth is your BFF these days. You leave a hecka ton more comments on her blog than mine. Sigh.
3. Slacking in the golden stars arena.
Post a Comment