Thursday, June 4, 2009

Inside the Whitehouse


So, today I went inside the Whitehouse. That's right! Mrs. Bennett, the senators wife, took all the interns on a guided tour of the few rooms you're allowed in. I can't believe how awesome that place is. The history behind it all is actually really interesting to me. If you get a chance, you need to go too. And, I'm sorry there isn't a photo of me with Obama (or one of his 20+ photos littered throughout the halls) because (a) he's out of town and (b) you're not allowed your camera's inside.

On another note, and as a consequence of interning in Washington, D.C., I have gained some very strong opinions about politics. However, I know that this blog is neither the time nor the venue for my political rants. Nobody really wants to hear them and I'm still not sure how I feel about the eternal nature of the "internets." Ha ha. Maybe Disneyland wants their future CEO (cough) to be more non-partisan. Yet, I still, to this day, thank Chance Basinger for creating an initial interest in American politics. Well, Chance and Mitt. But, I've never met Mitt, so Chance should get all the thanks! The following photo is a tribute to Chance (and Walt too):


Any suggestions about my political ranting ideas? I've contemplated options--now I want to hear yours!

7 comments:

Bethany said...

politics? blah. let's just talk about disneyland. :)

linda.jo.from.lindon said...

I remember with awe going through the White House as a teenager. You are probably wise to keep pondering on the politics that surround you.
Here are some thoughts about injustice, taxes, and foreign aid that I discovered online.

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality,” according to Bishop Desmond Tutu . Winston Churchill said, “We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.” "Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries." Douglas Casey, Georgetown U. (1992)

If I were in a position of influence I would promote these two ideas...“Play fair. Don't hit people. Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody,” by Robert Fulghum and this anonymous author's advice, “God, grant me the Senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.”

Bob said...

As an experienced political blogger, I would suggest an anonymous blog.

also, I was wondering if you know Stewart Anderson, who is interning for Sen Bennett from the University of Utah. His dad is my Bishop.

-Bob Aagard

Adam R. said...

Bethany - All I have to say is, "DIS-NEY-LAAAAANDDD!"

Linda - Thanks for the interesting quotes.

Bob - I know a Graham Anderson. Maybe he goes by a different name out here. I'll ask him.

Mindy said...

Anonymous or private. Orrr ... side walk chalk them around the white house daily ?

Chance said...

I always think I look like I am about to cry in that picture! And I would be interested in your political rants!! Ofa Atu!

she's beauty and she's grace said...

Chief, I'd say trust your gut on this one! Don't put anything down in writing that you don't want leaked out. It always comes back to bite you!

Blog Disclaimer:

This is the official blog of Adam P.G. Ruri and represents his personal opinion. The blog is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. The views of the writer are his own, and do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with this site, the staff involved with the site, or any other members of this site. Furthermore, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the the people who live in the author’s neighborhood, city, province, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, star system, galaxy, or universe of origin. Nor do his views necessarily reflect the views of anyone in his family, social network, or other group Adam Ruri is loosely associated with. Furthermore, the individual letters, words, and punctuation marks involved had no option but to be placed into the story, and should not be held accountable for the writer’s statement. Any spelling or grammatical errors are not the responsibility of the schools the author attended, the teachers the author was taught by, the regional governments who did or did not fund the author’s educational system, or anyone else involved in the author’s education.

Blogger news

Blogroll